There are many rituals that can be incorporated into a naming ceremony. Here are a few suggestions:
- Releasing balloons.
- Sprinkle the child with rose petals.
- Pass the child around to all guests for a special blessing.
- Plant a tree or shrub.
- Water blessing and / or prayer.
- Lighting candles – parents light their own and then together light the child’s.
- Ask each guest to write down a message especially for your child. Hold onto these until the child is able to read them.
- Ask each guest to bring a keepsake, a small inexpensive item, to give to your child. This could be a flower from their garden or a photograph or a piece of paper with a message or any other trinket. Place these in a special box to be given to your child at a special time in years to come.
Naming your Child
Create a Special Ceremony
Structure for Ceremony