- The bride and groom need to be aged 18 years or over. (If either party has not yet turned 18, please contact me to discuss in more detail.)
- A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) must be completed and lodged with your Celebrant no later than one calendar month and one day prior to your ceremony. This document is valid for a period of eighteen months.
- The NOIM must be signed in the presence of an authorised person – please refer to the NOIM page for further information or to download this form.
- Your Celebrant must also sight your Birth Certificates (original or extract) prior to your marriage ceremony.
- If you were born outside of Australia, a valid Passport issued from another Government is an acceptable form of ID.
- If either party has been previously married, a Certificate of Divorce (or Decree Absolute) must also be produced. (If the spouse is deceased, a Death Certificate is required.)
- Two witnesses over the age of 18 years must be present at your marriage ceremony.
Where to from here?
Notice of Intended Marriage
Where & When
The Big Day